Wednesday, March 15, 2017

My Weekly Challenge: Vibroacoustic Therapy

Getting a second chance at life has opened my mind to more possibilities than before. I have been working on communication and making sure not to let things fester. I have made time for those who I normally wouldn't make time for and tried experiences such as Vibroacoustic Therapy, which I never would've given a second thought to had it been brought up pre-disorder. This new openness has invited in such positivity that I don't ever want to go back! Vibroacoustic Therapy was the most serene and calming experience. The vibrations of the bed made it feel like I was floating on clouds. Coupled with noise-canceling headphones playing different sounds and a heavy beanbag-like eye cover, it was as if I was being whisked away into another dimension. My shoulder and neck pain dissipated. Was I on anything? No. The next day, I felt extremely energized and rejuvenated. I'd highly recommend it! There was a chiropractic convention going on recently and that's how I found out about it and tried it for free.

This is a late post because I had no energy or will to finish typing anything up last week. Unfortunately, since tapering off of Prednisone, I have had less energy to do things and feel exhausted by mid-day even when I do nothing in the morning. I'm glad to be tapering off enough to stop experiencing the nasty side effects, but I'm also a bit sad that the feeling of invincibility and burst of energy I felt went away too. I do attribute my walking to Prednisone and am so thankful for it, but I have experienced extreme frustration with it as well. I am no longer comfortable in my own body. I am bloated all the time and it is extremely hard on my feet and ankles as it causes swelling. I retain water like crazy, so my weight makes me depressed. My face resembles a balloon and I've never had acne this bad (even in my teenage years). Thankfully, these symptoms are supposed to get better with the lower dosing and will eventually go away completely when I am no longer taking Prednisone. I can't wait for the day I no longer have to rely on any form of medication to go about my daily life. I am currently receiving my monthly IVIG infusion this week and am glad that my vein is holding up and lasted three days so far! Here's to hoping it'll last two more days so I don't have to be stuck again.

No comments:

Post a Comment